Monday, February 16, 2009

Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

My mom found this recipe on the Betty Crocker Website. It's so easy to make and is my favorite Enchilada recipe! Next time I think I will try putting rice in it, just to see how it tastes! Sorry I don't have a picture, I didn't think about it before we started eating!

Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

1 tsp vegetable oil
1 med onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 pkg (11.5 oz) flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas), heated
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8oz)
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce (green)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2oz)
Salsa, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 11x7-inch (2 qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cumin; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in beans.

2. Place about 3 tbls bean mixture in center of each warm tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese. Roll up tightly; place, seam side down, in baking dish. Spoon enchilada sauce over tortillas. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish, sprayed side down.

3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve enchiladas with salsa.

(*Hint: I just bought a 2 cup bag of shredded Mexican cheese blend from the store and used that for the whole thing. I ended up with a little cheese left over. It was enough for the whole dish, without needing the shredded cheddar.)

1 comment:

kimmers said...

I love this recipe! It has made me love enchiladas. :)