Friday, February 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Popcorn

My friend, Lauren, has been making this ever since I have known her. I love it. I always wanted to make some, but I never had a popcorn popper. I finally bought one a couple of days ago and this is what we made to break it in.

Peanut Butter Popcorn
2 poppers popped corn
1/2 cup light karo (corn) syrup
1/2 cup honey
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
m&ms (optional)

Mix karo syrup, honey, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Add peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix til peanut butter is melted and all mixed in. Pour over popped corn and stir.

Easy, right?

Here is what I did different. I only used 1/2 cup sugar. I wanted to see if it would still taste good with less sugar. I didn't notice any difference. I wanted to add m&ms, but my husband doesn't like them, so I left them out.

Enjoy!

No comments: