Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eugenia's Potato Soup

My mom found this recipe in a book and tried it last week. Everyone loved it enough that she emailed it to all us girls. I tried it tonight and it was delicious! Potato Cheese Soup has always been my favorite, and I think this may even be better! And it's REALLY easy!!!

Eugenia's Potato Soup
4 lbs. potatoes
2 cans chicken broth
8 oz. monterey jack cheese (and/or pepper jack cheese)
1 pint half & half
2 cans cream celery soup
1 8 oz. sour cream
Cook potatoes in broth until tender but still firm, approx. 12 - 15 min. Grate cheese and stir into potatoes until melted. Add soups, half & half and sour cream. Cook on low, stirring constantly until hot.

SO yummy!

1 comment:

Angie said...

We liked it, too. It made tons, so I gave some to my friend. She said she added cheese and bacon and that it made it even better, so I think I will try that next time. You should put the baked potato soup recipe on here.