Monday, January 26, 2009

Tomato Basil Pasta

I got this recipe from my mom. When I have fresh tomatoes this is what I use them for. It is a favorite in our house.


Tomato Basil Pasta

1 pkg. Penne pasta

14 oz. can diced tomatoes

tomato juice as needed

½ C heavy whipping cream

1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil

½ C grated parmesan cheese

1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded

Salt and pepper to taste


Pre-heat oven to 400 F. On stovetop, boil pasta in tomatoes (add tomato juice/water if needed) as directed on box. Once the pasta is cooked, add cream, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Take off heat and cover with mozzarella cheese. Cook in pre-heated oven for 10 min, until cheese is bubbly.

Add Italian seasoning if you want it more spicy.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love this recipe! It's so good! I am excited for this blog! yeah!

Archuletas said...

I love your idea of a recipe blog. I will definitely be a follower.