Monday, January 26, 2009

Strawberry French Toastwiches

I got this recipe from Southern Living Kids Cookbook. It is a good twist on french toast (and I love that because I have never liked french toast!) and is nice for a different breakfast!!

1/3 cups tub-style cream cheese
12 white bread slices
6 tablespoons strawberry jam
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
cooking spray
powdered sugar
fresh strawberries

1- Spread cream cheese evenly over one side of 6 slices of bread. Spread 1 tbls jam evenly over cream cheese; top with remaining bread slices.

2- Whisk eggs, milk, and salt in a shallow dish.

3- Cook: Spray skillet with spray, place over medium heat until hot. Dip 1 sandwich into egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook sandwiches 1-2 mins on each side or until golden brown. Continue with the rest of the sandwiches and top with powdered sugar and fresh strawberries.

(Just a note: I think next time I will mix the cream cheese and strawberry jam before putting it on the bread. I also added fresh strawberries to the inside of the sandwich, which I would definitely do again!)

Yum!!

2 comments:

Shantel said...

That sounds really good. I will have to try it soon!

kimmers said...

You've never liked french toast? Really? Is it because we had them every week for all of eternity? Surprisingly, I still love them. And these sound divine.